Monday 1 August 2011

My dream job

         As many of you know, I will be heading to Kenya for an 8 month internship where I will be pursuing my passion for child and youth development in marginalized communities.   Even after a month of intense training and meeting and socializing with 15 of the most amazing 'fellows' I've ever known, I am still beside myself about this once in a lifetime opportunity.


        What many of you may not know, is what I am actually going to do in Mombasa.  I have been placed at the Madrasa Resource Centre, which is a project of the Aga Khan Foundation.  It provides support for preschools in rural areas of Kenya.  From what I know at this point, I will be collaborating with the resource centre and preschools to improve and produce reports, case studies, articles, manuals, and briefs. My main area of focus will be gender, HIV/AIDS, and early childhood education.


       And what do I expect? To absorb it all, learn, and have fun!


       I hope that this blog will be a place to connect and share with everyone back home, as well as place for me to reflect on my experiences.


      Hello and thanks to all who stop by!

No comments:

Post a Comment